Thursday, May 1, 2008

Welcome to Art/Life!


“Art is only a means to life, to the life more abundant. It is not in itself the life more abundant. It merely points the way, something which is overlooked not only by the public, but very often by the artist himself. In becoming an end it defeats itself.”
-Henry Miller


Art/Life is about Art, Life and all the stuff inbetween. I will share with you the artists I love, and the works of art that inspire me-whether they be poetry, music, visual art or film. Art/Life is about living in an artful way, and making a little extra effort to fill our lives with Art. I believe Art is available to everyone, and can be found anywhere-in nature, music, film, and love. I believe Art is the bridge between the mundane and the divine. I believe Art is the physical manifestation of Love. So, I hope through Art/Life, you are inspired to create Art in your own life, and be more conscious of the Art that exists all around us, if we only stop and look.


“We are happy when for everything inside us there is a corresponding something outside us.”
-William Butler Yeats

No comments: